SFM Engineering are a Steel Fabrication and Manufacturing company supplying their services predominantly to the Materials Processing Industry.
As a Quality Engineer here at SFM Engineering you will be working as part of an effective production team, ensuring the company achieves and maintains industry leading levels of quality throughout our manufacturing operations.
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- Length of service rewards.
- Attendance rewards.
- Refer a friend bonus incentive.
- 28 days paid holidays.
- Weekly paid.
- Company pension scheme.
- Free car parking.
- Flexible working hours.
- Early finish on a Friday.
- Career progression opportunities.
Ideal candidates should possess the following:
- Level 5 or above HND, NVQ or Graduate Certificate or Diploma in a relevant discipline to the role.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- A working knowledge of quality management systems and processes (ISO 9001).
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Effective listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- Strong desire for continuous learning.
- Results focused with ability to work on own initiative.
- Proven effective organisation skills.
- Good time management skills, including priority setting, multi-tasking and problem-solving.
- Trustworthy & hardworking.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Align the quality targets with the company’s overall strategic plan.
- Liaise and resolve all customer and supplier quality related issues.
- Resolve all internal quality related issues with our production teams.
- Perform internal quality inspections after fabrication on manufactured parts to ensure they are in line with our customers quality standards.
- Perform internal quality inspections on manufactured parts before and after the spray painting process to ensure they are in line with our customers quality standards.
- Liaise with all departments regarding any quality related issues.
- Gather and analyse departmental fault logs and update the internal non-conformance log.
- Complete weekly departmental reporting of all customer quality faults.
- Complete daily quality checks at each stage of the production process.
- Check, photograph and log all deliveries before they are delivered to the customer.
- Liaise with customers regarding shot blasting, spray painting and sub-assembly check sheets.
- Update all internal quality boards with relevant and up to date information.
- Create and maintain reports that provides a summary of current quality performance.
- Complete quality checks on all raw materials which have been supplied to SFM Engineering.
- Complete market research for continuous improvements to current processes which will help to improve product quality and reduce costs.
- Working closely with the operational supervisors and assist in the training of staff regarding quality awareness and standards.
- Making informed decisions regarding quality issues which have resulted in production stoppages.
- Ensure all materials supplied to SFM Engineering are stored and labelled correctly.
- Provide the production team with all relevant information for any new products.
- Update and implement all Engineering Change Orders received from our customers.
- Create and update all production books for new and existing products.
- Act as the point of contact for all internal and external engineering queries.
- Align the quality targets to the company’s strategic plan.
- Meet and liaise with Customers during any internal audits or visits.
- Working within the Quality Management System to ensure compliance with IS0 9001 and to drive the quality performance within the company.
- Reviewing and updating the Quality Management System documents to ensure they remain applicable and in line with the company policy and objectives.
- Liaise with an external auditor on an annual basis for ISO 9001 (Quality).
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as determined by the supervisor or Manager.
Closing Date: Friday 11th February 2022 at 17.00pm
Join our Team
If you want to a part of a rapidly growing established business with a strong brand, great reputation and exciting future, we want to hear from you.
Please complete an application form and send us your CV.
Return Address: 1A Tassagh Rd, Keady, Co. Armagh, BT60 3TU.
For more information about any of our positions available call us on+44(0) 28 3753 0913